Hi guys :)
Come May and everyone decides to get married... It's hilarious, one half of my friends are settling down and getting married while the other half is busy sending me drunken snapchats....
Anyhoo back to weddings, with that its all about what to wear and makeup. I do have to say I'm not the girl who is a whizz at makeup, knows how to contour / blend / bake / highlight and so on... - I can just about cope with a beauty blender and a cut crease (on good days) PLUS I'm super lazy and love anything minimalistic and quick when it comes to makeup ;)
This Gabrielle Union inspired makeup step by step guide is super easy and QUICK! I love this woman and always admire her makeup and style...it's Gabrielle, Olivia Palermo and then Oprah for me....
For my eyes, I exclusively used the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette,you can ready my review on it here. I love a smoky eye but prefer to use a dark grey rather than black as I find it less harsh. I like to use one main thing, whether it be an eye palette or highlighter set.
When it comes to my makeup it really depends on the ITEM I pick (i.e The Cocoa Blend Palette) which then decided the look I'm going for....
1. I applied my normal foundation, well my special event foundation / 'I need to look nice today foundation' - Nars' All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Macao.
2. I then applied Zoeva's 'Beans Are White' from the Cocoa Blend Eye Palette onto my eyelid. Grey is such a tough shade when it comes to darker skin tones but this really compliments my shade and doesn't appear ashy!
3. I then went ahead and applied the shade 'Subtle Blend' from the same palette and just below crease and blended it downwards.
4. I then used Models Own Eyeliner to line my lower lash line and traced my upper lash line with Maybelline's Master Graphic. I then used my beloved I love Extreme me Mascara from Essence. I'm going to be honest here, I shy away from fake eyelashes, however for that extra bit of oomph I'd apply natural falsies.
5. I've been raving for ages about NYX's HD concealer in 07. It really gives me that Kim K kinda under eye glow and covers up dark circles beautifully! And then I blend blend blend using the Real Techniques Beauty Blender.
6. Next we're baking... Using Ben Nye's Banana Powder I applied a good amount of powder on the areas I highlighted with the concealer as well as the areas light will hit - forehead area :)
7. As the powder is setting I then use a deep brown eyeshadow shade from Illamasquas to contour. With the powder setting I find it easier to contour around it. I then waited another 2 minutes or so before I blended the powder by working it into my skin.
7. I then dabbed a bit of Kiko's Soft Touch Blush in 'Dark Rose' onto my cheeks before finishing off by applying Kiko's Super Gloss in Mat Pink. And that's it! I wore this makeup to a wedding a few weeks ago and thought it was so simple and perfect for that day.
Hope you guys like this, I thought I'm always talking about makeup so why am I not showing you how I use it :)
Wishing everyone a lovely start into the week!